Two whitlesblower students — one education giant — one-year long campaign
And what a victory!
Last year in November, two students at Symbiosis Law School – Hyderabad (SLS-H) were thrown out the college campus for two (among many other of their rebellious acts) reasons — calling out a professor for sexual harassment and demanding more efficient Internal Complaints Committee (ICC).
A year later, they are back! Let us take you through how (in)conveniently Symbiosis allowed the two students on the campus again
Pt. 1: Signature petition
Jhatkaa.org started a campaign asking the college to start an ICC investigation into the case and take the students back with immediate effect.
Pt. 2: Member Email/Call to Symbiosis
Member calls to M.S. Shejul, Registrar, SLS and Dr Vidya Yeradevkar, Principal Director, SLS is done telling members to ask for an update
Pt.3: A bunch of letters to
- MS Shejul, Registrar, Symbiosis International (asking him to take the students back on campus)
- Maneka Gandhi, Minister of Women and Child Development (asking her to intervene in the case)
- Rekha Sharma, Chairperson of the National Commission for Women (NCW)
- Dhirendra Pal Singh, Chairperson of University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Prakash Javdekar, Minister of Human Resource and Development (MHRD)
Not-so-polite Twitter storms
Everybody’s favourite — Artivism
Supremely talented and brave illustrator Sharath Ravishankar depicted Snigdha’s and Apoorva’s journey with a comic strip…
…and it turned heads
…and got the media mobilisation to spread the word.
Here’s what we got:
It’s a VICTORY!